Last revised: 7th March 2014
- If you have any requests concerning your Personal Information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact contact AT bpacoalition.org.
- In this Policy, the term “Personal Information” refers to any information regarding you personally, such as your name and email address.
- Please carefully read the Policy to understand how we use your Personal Information after it has been collected by us. Please read through this Policy before submitting any of your personal information to us. You do not need to submit any of your Personal Information when browsing our Website. If you do not want us to process your Personal Information, please do not submit any of your Personal Information on this Website. Please note, however, that without your Personal Information, you may not be able to use some of the services offered on this Website, such as posting comments.
- This Policy may be updated from time to time. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page, so please visit this Policy each time prior to submitting your Personal Information.
When do we collect data?
We collect Personal Information from you through the use of online forms and every time you email us your details.
What personal information do we collect form you?
We collect the following Personal Information from you when you leave a comment on the Website:
- Name; and
- Email address.
What do we do with your Personal Information?
Essentially, this Website is an informational website used to provide and share information to its members about Bisphenol-A (BPA) and its uses. This is not a commercial website and we do not collect Personal Information about our web visitors for commercial purposes. When you give us any Personal Information as indicated above, we use it to:
- Review your comment before posting it to the Website; and
- If required, correspond with you about the comment you wish to post on the Website.
Who do we pass your Personal Information to?
We do not share your Personal Information outside our association with third parties. We will only disclose Personal Information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, if required by law or to comply with judicial requests. We may also share Personal Information with external service providers which we engage to process data on our behalf.
Some of the service providers we engage may be based in countries outside the EEA. In such circumstance, we shall comply with all applicable laws and take steps to ensure that your Personal Information receives the same level of protection as within the EEA, that it is kept secure and used only in accordance with our instructions and for the purposes that we have indicated to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
International transfers of Personal Information
Since the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data across international boundaries. Therefore, by browsing the Website and submitting Personal Information to us, you acknowledge our processing of your Personal Information on this basis.
- Most browsers allow you to disable or block cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your computer or mobile device. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, please note that if you choose not to accept any cookies, you may not have access to certain features that make your experience of the Website more efficient and some of the features on the Website may not function properly.
Linking to other websites
- The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Information you submit whilst visiting these websites.
- We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
We maintain safeguards to protect the Personal Information you provide to us through this Site against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. Please note, however, that perfect security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, while we endeavour to protect your Personal Information, when data is transferred over the Internet it may potentially be accessed and used by unauthorised parties.
Your right to see your Personal Information
- You have the right to access and request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold on you and to request the correction or deletion of your Personal Information.
Please address your request to contact AT bpacoalition.org. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete Personal Information about you on our files.